Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hawaiian Wedding Cake {Recipe}

I enjoy baking and sometimes a recipe comes up that I have to try!
So the other day on Pinterest I came across this Hawaiian Wedding Cake recipe.
And anything that I bake I post pictures here on my baking page ~ Mommys Hands Baking



The recipe is super easy.
Below it's pinned on my pinterest.
Pinterest ~ Hawaiian Wedding Cake

I will say, the website says the frosting is pineapple cream cheese which is incorrect. The recipe that is posted is for a coconut cream cheese frosting but I suppose that you could omit the coconut and put pineapple juice instead.
I also used regular brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. 
*Only difference between the two is the darker has more molasses hence why the color is darker, had to google it myself to find out*
Also the one thing I do recommened is do not use salted macadamia nuts. My mom said it tasted salty, I on the other hand couldn't really notice it.


While the cake was baking I made the frosting. I'll share the recipe here incase people dont want to click an outside link.


HAWAIIAN WEDDING CAKE



3/4 cup white sugar
 3/4 cup dark brown sugar

1 tsp baking soda 
 2 cups all-purpose flour

2 eggs
 3/4 cup flaked coconut

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice (undrained)

1 cup chopped macadamia nuts



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour (or baking spray) a 9x13” pan. 

In a large bowl, mix sugars, soda, and flour by hand.  Mix in eggs, pineapple with juice. Stir in nuts, and coconut.  Pour into prepared pan.    Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire racks.  Frost with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.



COCONUT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
 
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar 

2 TB heavy whipping cream
2 TB sweetened cream of coconut
 
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl on medium-high speed about 1 minute.  Add the whipping cream and cream of coconut; beat until well blended.  Spread on cooled can in pan.  Sprinkle with additional coconut and/or chopped macadamia nuts, if desired.


& here is the final product! I would make it again but I might make some changes to the recipe! 


Let me know if you make this! And what your thoughts are, and if you made any changes to it.
Do you want to see more recipes? What kind of recipes would you like to see?


No comments:

Post a Comment