Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bolton's Lake House

Friday night I went to a local restaurant called Bolton's Lake House, located in Kingston NH.




 It's been open for a bit but I hadn't tried it. A co-worker has frequented it lately. So I mentioned I wanted to go, and it turned into a girls night. We got there and grabbed a drink at the bar. We then went outside on the deck to pick our table. 


It had rained overnight so the tables were still wet and hadn't been wiped down so we did it ourselves. My daughter was hungry so I went in to order us something to eat. I ordered a haddock plate with fries and a salad, an drink. It was 20 which isn't too bad around here for seafood. It came out fairly quick. When I got the plate the fish was hot but my fries were cold - not good. Perfect for the baby but no for me.



 I didn't say anything. I did however complain about the drink I got when the waitress checked on me and said it was gross, so she took it and asked if I wanted something else and I ordered my typical drink (malibu, pineapple & cranberry). Where I only had literally 2 sips of the first drink I thought they were going to just switch it out for me. Yeah, I ended up having to pay the 5.50 for a new drink. I was  slightly disapointed with that. 




Over all the place had decent food, Id give it and 8 out of 10. They also have a frozen yogurt dessert room and the one I wanted to try was out of order with no sign on it, so here I am trying to get it with no luck other than the syrup. They didn't have nearly as many toppings as I would have expected but sometimes I guess less is more. I did have a fun night with the girls but if I were to try it again, I think I would definitely have to speak up more and say hey for the price I want hot food. I don't think that's too much to ask for. It was a gorgeous night outside sitting there with the lake in the background despite getting attacked by mosquito's.

Ultimately it's not a place I would frequent all the time, but it's close to home and for a quick fix of something different, I'd probably go again in hopes of a better experience.

*pictures are property of me, and taken by me.*
*This is just my honest opinion of my night*

No comments:

Post a Comment